Apply for Vacancy for Communications Officer at World Food Program(WAP). The deadline for this job is 19th April 2021.
The role of the communications officer is to ensure the effective design and delivery of communication products covering WFP’s operations, priorities and issues of concern to target audiences using the most appropriate channels.
To help define and implement the communications plans that support the overall communications strategy and WFP objectives, either in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and/or in Country Offices (COs).
- Develop communication, advocacy and marketing strategies and related work plan where needed, including objectives, target audiences, messaging, tools, products, identification of resources, monitoring of performance and measuring of impact.
- Also, act as a spokesperson for WFP, effectively addressing media enquiries and explaining information in a compelling way.
- Help to ensure that WFP’s branding and public messaging about its mandate and programs is consistent across the organization and reflects corporate communications and advocacy priorities, adapted appropriately to the local context.
- Moreover, monitoring media for developing stories related to WFP/food security in the region/country, including reputational risks and advocacy opportunities.
- Additionally, generate quality multimedia content including writing, video, photo, and audio storytelling, as well as translating programmatic evidence-based materials and hard data into compelling and impactful story / narrative for advocacy purposes.
- Likewise, define a social media plan which leverages social media content, platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
- Consolidate and analyze print, broadcast and social media, to identify trends and/or issues. And propose solutions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities.
- Moreover, provide strategic direction and support around policy advocacy and effective stakeholder engagement to secure high-level commitment to zero hunger. Also, food security and resilience building.
- Ensure timely and accurate communications and outreach to internal and external partners and other appropriate audiences.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- International experience and/or working within international organizations or companies.
- Also, experience in developing communication strategies/advocacy campaigns/marketing plans.
- Likewise, experience planning, gathering and producing tailored multimedia content.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN languageVisit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.