Apply for Vacancy for Coordination Officer at United Nations Support Office in Somalia. The deadline for this job is 3rd July 2021.
These two positions are located in the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) and are based in Galkayo and Beletweyne respectively.
Within delegated authority, the Security Coordination Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares draft of the area security plan for the designated county or geographic area, including all aspects related to elaboration, development, implementation and updating of the plan.
- Also, maintains continuing lines of communication with security focal points and all other agencies involved in peacekeeping and other missions to ensure maximum security coordination.
- Serves as a member of the United Nations Area Security Management Team, contributing to implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security plan.
- Additionally, assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising UN staff, project personnel and dependents on potential security problems, such as mines, kidnapping, armed attacks, arrest and detention.
- Moreover, maintains an ongoing evaluation of air, land and sea evacuation routes and resources for use in emergencies, ensuring the availability of vehicles, aircraft, vessels, fuel supply and accessible roads.
- Likewise, ensures that fire detection devices and fire-fighting equipment are available on the premises. Maintains fire evacuation plan and conducts fire drills and training as necessary in coordination with Fire Safety Unit.
- Furthermore, maintains office security by conducting physical security inspections of facilities, issuance of identity cards, if possible background checks, and entry control.
- Provides advice and training to staff and dependents on residential security measures such as window guards; alarm systems and locks to minimize burglar intrusions.
- Maintains dialog with host government authorities and International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) such as Red Cross/Red Crescent in the event crisis and information sharing.
- Similarly, ensures availability of emergency communications system by making periodic checks to determine if system is functioning properly; arranges for necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Investigates accidents involving UN vehicles and prepares report of findings in coordination with Special Investigation Unit.
- An advanced university degree in security management or business administration, political/social/military science or international relations with focus on security management;
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience in military; police or security management may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Additionally, a first-level university degree may be substituted with a diploma from a police or military academy (for commissioned officers); which may be considered its equivalent, and in combination with four additional years of qualifying experience in military; police or security management.
- Weapons qualification is desirable
- Similarly, security Analysis Process and Practice (SAPP) and/or Security Certification Program is desirable.
- A minimum of five years with advanced university degree of progressively responsible experience in the military;
- Additionally, at least five years of progressively more senior experience in security operations management or control; within a military, police or security organization
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.