Apply for Vacancy for Data Analyst at United Nations Industrial Development Organization in Austria. The deadline for this job is 4th May 2021.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. Likewise, the mission of UNIDO, as described in the Lima Declaration adopted at the fifteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference in 2013, is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in Member States.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new data tools related to i) quarterly industrial statistics and ii) firm-level competitiveness indicators.
- Also, organize the implementation of firm-level surveys in pilot countries and ensure maintenance and further development of existing IAP datasets.
- Similarly, support the creation of new analytical and capacity building content for the IAP and help structure and organize global research networks in relevant subject areas.
- Likewise, other activities under the scope of the IAP, as identified and agreed with the project manager.
Advanced university degree in data science, statistics, economics or development studies, desirably with a specialization in international economics, micro-economics and/or statistics/econometrics.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other UN languages desirable
Field of Expertise
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience in the field of economics including experience in the field of data science, statistics and/or econometrics; that provides the necessary skills and understanding for the collection, management and analysis of economic data.
- Also, advanced knowledge of statistical software packages (preferably R) is a must. Solid understanding of emerging technologies in data science; such as the use of AI and machine learning tools, is a plus.
- Likewise, experience in conducting micro-level surveys and data analysis or in the area of data-driven journalism, as well as exposure to the needs. Also, conditions and problems in developing countries will be considered as an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.