Apply for Vacancy for Detention Nurse at ICRC in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. Work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. Direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
- Assesses needs and plans and implements projects and activities
- Moreover, monitors and evaluates these projects and activities. Collects and analyses relevant data to this end.
- Similarly, shares the findings and results with other members of the Detention team and the Health team, and writes relevant reports.
- Likewise, establishes and maintains contacts/partnerships with external players involved in health care in the detention system and outside.
- Ensures respect for medical ethics by all staff (ICRC and prison staff).
- Also, may have to draw up the annual institutional budget and planning document (Planning for Results).
- Trains medical staff.
Education and experience
- Strong motivation by humanitarian work
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in nursing
- Moreover, minimum 5 years’ nursing experience
- At least 2 years’ project management experience
- Experience in public health.
- Also, previous exposure to international human rights issues an asset.
- Proficient command of English and a good command of two additional languages (French, Arabic, Spanish, Russian)
- Likewise, digital literacy
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Also, a two-week orientation course and other opportunities for further in-house training
- Competitive employment package with attractive social benefits
- Moreover, be part of the ICRC talent pool and be contacted for future assignments globally.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.