Apply for Vacancy for Development Coordinator at United Nations Office in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 20th July 2021.
In a continuation of the recent international meeting of mine action Directors and United Nations Advisers (NDM-UN), the Capacity Development Coordinator will be responsible for identifying the capacity enhancement needs and coordinate activities for the development of institutional and managerial capacities of government, communities and institutions engaged in Mine action activities. Additionally, under the overall guidance of the Chief, UNMAS Geneva, the role of the Capacity Development Coordinator will focus on organizing and facilitating hybrid capacity-building workshops, trainings and consultations planned for in-country missions while effectively and in a timely manner, liaising and interacting with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally. Also, the services will be limited to a five months period.
- Identify and compile capacity development requirements in the Mine Action sector through hybrid consultations and surveys.
- Also, organize and facilitate workshops and consultations, prepare workshop materials, liaise with relevant stakeholder, produce timely reports and support administrative and logistic activities.
- Likewise, deliver effective capacity enhancement support to local and national authorities, NGO’s, women-led organizations.
- Provide institutional and technical support in preparing capacity development materials and training tools.
- Furthermore, produce and contribute to updating online content, newsletters and other publications to promote capacity development good practices.
- Applicants must have completed a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent). A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Also, experience in planning or organizing workshops, consultations and conferences is required.
- Experience building and sustaining positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Likewise, excellent interpersonal, oral, written and ICT skills.
- Knowledge of established practices pertaining to administrative support and records management for an international organization is desirable.
- Furthermore, experience working as part of a team.
- Moreover, experience in general office support or related area preferably in an international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English and French.
- Also, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities