Apply for Vacancy for Development Specialist at The World Bank in Nepal. The deadline for this job is 17th May 2021.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
- Work closely with the task teams and other social development colleagues to address ESF and social safeguards challenges in the Nepal portfolio;
- Also, work closely with regional focal point on Citizen Engagement to ensure, at a minimum, the portfolio is in compliance with corporate requirements;
- Likewise, undertake policy dialogue with clients on social sustainability and safeguards issues and advise counterparts on technical options for social development, particularly involuntary resettlement, Indigenous Peoples, labor issues, mitigation plans and institutional development strategies;
- Furthermore, participate and play a leading role in portfolio reviews on selected social development topics;
- Engage in the WB-wide professional community of staff in social development and social standards/safeguards by participating in thematic groups, exchanging best practices, and drafting technical notes;
- Additionally, help develop sustainable local and national consultation mechanisms and strategies; and
- Supervise the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure consistency and conformity to Bank standards.
- Ability to present complex social development and ESF/safeguards issues to task teams and Bank audiences, and to engage effectively with government counterparts, the private sector, project beneficiaries and civil society.
- Also, excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and team skills, and ability to think innovatively and strategically to find balanced solutions to complex development problems, with a strong client focus.
- Acting with integrity at all times to build trust and to create an enabling work environment; whether as team leader or team member.
- Likewise, very high level of energy, initiative and self-motivation; willingness to travel and work under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work across practices, work in cross-thematic teams, foster team work, and mentor junior staff.
- Furthermore, fluency in English and Nepali is a prerequisite. Excellent communications and writing skills in English are essential.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.