Apply for Vacancy for Development Specialist at UNICEF in Sudan. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
Sudan is surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan. Also, positioned next to East, West, and North Africa, it is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Similarly, Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high, and the country remains polio free.
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Also, implementation of C4D activities
- Technical and operational support
- Additionally, advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- An advance university degree in one of the following fields: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Also, a minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: social development program planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Likewise, relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization considers and experience working in a developing country considers as an asset.
- Moreover, proven professional managerial or supervisory roles will be an asset (2 years out of the 5 minimum years of the professional experience) and capacity to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Furthermore, the Organization requires fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic or a local language is an asset.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Persuading and influencing (2)
- Also, applying technical expertise (2)
- Entrepreneurial thinking (2)