Apply for Vacancy for Driver at Food and Agriculture Organization in Ethiopia. The deadline for this job is 25th August 2021.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Also, qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities can apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- Additionally, all candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- Furthermore, the incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Tasks and responsibilities
- Facilitate mobility of FAO staff members and their official visitors on official trips
- Moreover, meets staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitates hotel check-in, and other local procedures;
- Likewise, logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, and expenditures related to transportation/vehicles, vehicle servicing, and repairs;
- Ensures day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, and performs minor repairs and arranges for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times in timely manner; maintains the vehicle(s) in a clean condition;
- Similarly, carries out routine checks and preventative maintenance as per the manufacturer’s schedule;
- Furthermore, performs other related duties
- Completed secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent). Be in Possession of valid driver’s license.
- Likewise, Three (3) years of work experience as a driver; experience in a UN or international organization is an advantage. Having a flawless, safe driving record is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the local language(s) (level B). Fair knowledge (level A) of the FAO official language used at the duty station (English)
- Additionally, good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; basic skills in minor vehicle repair. The incumbent must be punctual and extremely reliable, and to drive in a safe manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions. Also, ability and flexibility to cope with extended working hours.
- Relevant qualification
- Also, valid driving licenses
- Experience driving
- Likewise, experience in mechanics
- Knowledge of UN and/or NGO procedure
- Furthermore, English Language proficiency
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.