Apply for Vacancy for Driver at United Nations Population Fund(UNFP) in Ethiopia. The deadline for this job is 2rd June 2021.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Representative, Deputy Representative, high-ranking UN officials and visitors. Also, you will report to the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist.
Providing reliable and safe driving services, you will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Additionally, you will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Providing reliable and safe driving services by; driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, officials and visitors; delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Also, keeping abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Moreover, managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Likewise, keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
- Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
- Furthermore, guiding and coaching junior drivers as appropriate;
- Assisting CO staff with general administrative duties
Completed Secondary Level Education.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Also, three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Similarly, skill in minor vehicle repairs.
- Intermediate / conversational command of English
- Achieving Results
- Also, being Accountable
- Furthermore, developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Likewise, thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Moreover, communicating for Impact
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.