Apply for Vacancy for Economics Advisor at Inter-American Development Bank in the USA. The deadline for this job is 14th May 2021.
The Social Sector at the IDB is currently looking for a strategic, people leader and highly motivated individual to be the Sector Economic Advisor, reporting directly to the Sector Manager in the Vice Presidency of Sectors and Knowledge.
- Lead cutting edge research to support an innovative and relevant operational program on Social areas.
- Also, oversee the strategic direction of the research, multi-annual knowledge agenda and the dissemination strategy of the specific sector.
- Additionally, provide substantial input to the preparation and dissemination of the Sector Framework Documents and other sector’s strategic documents, assuring high standards of technical quality. Also, assure coordination with other areas of the Bank, multilateral organizations, governments, and academic institutions.
- Coordinate and oversee the department’s knowledge program and its dissemination and represent the Social Sector in the Bank’s Studies and Publications Committee.
- Likewise, actively seek the creation of knowledge networks within the Bank, with other development partners, and with research organizations. Furthermore, universities, and public sector institutions within and outside the region.
- Interact with the Vice Presidency of Countries (VPC) on knowledge generation and coordinate Sector Participation in country strategy processes.
- Also, provide periodic updates to the Knowledge Advisor of VPS/VPS on the implementation of the multiannual knowledge agenda.
- Approve the Sector’s ESW proposals and the publication of knowledge products as defined by the AM-1331.
Ph.D. in Economics, Labor Economics, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Public Policy or other relevant fields.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience related to the key responsibilities of the position.
- Also, the incumbent be as a leader and authority among peers in the field.
- Additionally, have a shown experience in similar positions, preferably in Latin America or the Caribbean, including broad experience, at a similar level, in coordinating multidisciplinary teams to develop complex projects in a matrix structure environment, with strong technical background.
- Likewise, combine strong intellectual leadership with: a) a track record of successfully designing or/and implementing projects and programs in the areas described above, and b) broad experience in working with knowledge networks and knowledge dissemination and management.
- Publications: significant publication record on social issues, preferably on Latin American and Caribbean countries.
Excellent English and Spanish language proficiency, oral and written, is required. French and Portuguese are a plus.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.