Apply for Vacancy for ET Temporary at The World Bank in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
The Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC) is the premier research and data arm of the World Bank. Under the leadership of the Vice President and World Bank Group Chief Economist, DEC sets the Bank’s research agenda and advises Bank Management on a wide range of development policy issues. DEC also advises policy makers on development challenges and helps to promote development issues within the broad development community.
- Supporting the collection/curation of economic statistics for the World Development Indicators (WDI), World Bank operational and income classifications and other statistical outputs. This entails collaborating with team members in support of:
- Also, biannual collection exercises in collaboration with World Bank country economists and quarterly updates to the WDI database.
- Understanding required operational processes and platforms; recommending and implementing ongoing enhancements.
- Likewise, providing advice to internal and external stakeholders and data users on the compilation and use of relevant WDI series
- Collaborating with DECDG partners on dissemination activities and the release of joint statistical products, analyses and research.
- Additionally, engaging in quality assurance for economic statistics and associated metadata.
- Undertaking interpretive economic analysis and drafting written material.
- Preparing and delivering oral and written communication in support of these functions, aimed at a broad and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Furthermore, supporting improvements to data management, processing, dissemination and visualization of indicators using data science and visualization tools.
- Additionally, supporting standard-setting and technical assistance activities, for example, in support of technical assistance initiatives or input to statistical standards.
- High proficiency in statistical and data management software such as Stata, data science tools such as R and Python, visualization tools such as Tableau and Shiny, and Microsoft Office.
- Also, commitment to high quality work and conceptual and analytical problem-solving ability.
- Additionally, ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment, and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Furthermore, excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.