Apply for Vacancy for Field Monitor at Food and Agriculture Organization in Bangladesh. The deadline for this job is 12th April 2021.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), in collaboration with the government, UN-organizations, and development partners, have been working to restore tree cover in the degraded forest area in Cox’s Bazar since 2018. As a continuation of the degraded land restoration support, FAO is implementing several projects with the multi-donor fund.
- In collaboration with FAO colleagues, the Field Monitors will work with monitoring, utilization of tools, and data collection, assist in conducting meetings, and managing cash-for-work activities;
- Ensure community mobilization and engagement as per project requirements;
- Moreover, monitor, support, and document necessary cash distribution activities following FAO’s organizational guideline;
- Collect field inventory data, checking and cleaning data, and submission to the field supervisor on daily basis;
- Generate field reports, and assist in program and research reports guided by the authority;
- Also, ensure FAO’s technical competence in the field implementation (plantation, input distribution, natural resources management);
- Similarly, support AAP tools implementation, dissemination of messages and extract lessons learned from the activities;
- Likewise, perform any other related duties assigned by the management.
- B.Sc. or Diploma in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resources management, social sciences, development studies or related subject as per the tasks and responsibilities;
- National of Bangladesh
- Also, applications from fresh graduates are accepted but progressively responsible professional work experiences with the United Nations, international and national development organizations, or relevant government institutions on forestry and environment and natural resources management and biodiversity conservation will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of English is essential
- Moreover, experiences in working with communities and conducting beneficiaries’ sensitization, identification, and selection of the beneficiaries, monitoring the cash disbursement;
- Knowledge in field data collection, data entry, survey, assessment and plantation activities, and others;
- Proven track record of successful teamwork, good presentation/facilitation skills;
- Also, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali is required;
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision;
- Similarly, self-motivation, willingness to learn, and strong work ethics in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.