Apply for Vacancy for Finance and Budget at United Nations Institute for Training and Research in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 12th February 2021.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is a training arm of the United Nations System and a strategic driver in today’s global and essential role of the UN by empowering individuals, governments and organizations through knowledge and learning to effectively overcome contemporary global challenges. Also, UNITAR serves 50,000 beneficiaries annually by conducting close to 500 capacity development and research activities around the world.
- Recent first-level degree from a University in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Management, Administration or closely related disciplines.
- Also, an Accounting certification from a reputed certification body such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA or working towards such a certification will be a distinct advantage.
- Likewise, intermediate skills in Microsoft suite, in particular using MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Furthermore, flair for numbers, ability to pay attention to details and make mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and with extended/remote teams,
- However, high level of individual responsibility and commitment, and
- Availability for minimum of 6 months, full-time in Geneva.
- Reviewing and processing project budget and cash balances
- Similarly, supports processing of payment requests pertaining to consultants, vendors, reimbursement to staff etc.;
- Records Obligations in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and maintains commitment documents.
- Also, records in payment vouchers and adjustment vouchers in ERP system.
- Periodically reconciles the credit card pool account and makes payments to the Credit Card company.
- Moreover, reconciles monthly invoices / bills of travel agencies, validates and makes payments to the Credit Card company.
- Conduct financial analysis and support Finance and Budget officer in accounting and reporting to donors
- Also, prepare presentation material and maintains financial-data repository
- Undertake audit coordination functions in terms of gathering evidence, information and follow up actions
- Review travel authorizations and process payment of travel entitlements for delegated programs in Atlas;
- Likewise, reviews settlement of travel claims.
The projects and activities allow trainees to:
- Plan, organize, and manage Finance, Accounting, Reporting and Travel activities of the Unit.
- Also, develop new interactive processes and tools for improving the workflow processes.
- Learn and apply UN Financial Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures.