Apply for Vacancy for Finance Associate at United Nations Population Fund in Moldova. The deadline for this job is 8th April 2021.
Project Administrative & Finance Associate assists in the effective implementation of the project ‘Joint Fund for developing youth services for young people, including those most vulnerable’ funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research and implemented by UNFPA Moldova Country Office.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the program activities;
- Draft minutes of project related meetings when required;
- Also, assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Additionally, arrange external and internal meetings (including Project Steering Committee meetings, technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Likewise, advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Assist the auditing performed by the project managers over the funds allocated to project. Ensure the compliance of allocated funds with the UNFPA rules and regulations;
- Moreover, if necessary, travel for control and auditing purposes to the project;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, procurement or other substantive area is required;
- Also, proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems;
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage;
- Moreover, knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in oral and written Romanian and English is required.
- Also, working knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.