Apply for Vacancy for Finance Associate at World Food Program in Sudan. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world.
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Similarly, support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures. And assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Also, contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts. Additionally, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analyzing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Additionally, allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources. To ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Furthermore, remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Furthermore, fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.