Apply for Vacancy for Finance Officer at International Fund for Agricultural Development in Italy. The deadline for this job is 5th May 2021.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. Also, it does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programs and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
- Participating directly in the project activities including the preparation of financial management assessments and review of Project design documents in relation to financial management;
- Also, contributing to legal documents proposed covenants required to reflect sound FM arrangements and representing IFAD in financing agreement negotiations as part of the Country Management Team;
- Monitoring financial management (FM) in-country as part of supervision or implementation support missions and financial progress monitoring of ongoing projects
- Responsible for contracting of financial management consultants to ensure full coverage of FM activities throughout the project cycle;
- Likewise, ensuring effective and accountable maintenance of related data in corporate FM systems;
- Supervising other junior and support staff and non-staff (including consultants or interns) as relevant;
- Similarly, coordinating financial management dialogue and actions on programs and projects involving the Fund’s operational staff, cooperating institutions, borrowers, co-financiers and projects
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and concepts of financial operations including sound understanding of international auditing and accounting standards and project financial management.
- Likewise, capacity to identify and analyze systemic issues, formulate options and make conclusions and recommendations to resolve same.
- Also, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience; ability to present corrective feedback in a considered and tactful manner to promote acceptance.
- Moreover, excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP and other information technology systems and tools. Exposure to accounting software.
- At least five (5) years’ of progressively relevant professional experience in a similar position and/ or a finance and debt background in International Financial Institutions, audit firm, or other relevant institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French or Arabic. Working knowledge of another official language (Spanish) is desirable.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.