Apply for Vacancy for Gender and Election Specialist at UN Women in Lebanon. The deadline for this application is 4th January 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
- Develop a roadmap of support leading into the 2021 parliamentary elections, including a workplan and suggested activities and milestones;
- Also, conduct a thorough mapping of potential stakeholders for the election, including electoral processes of parliamentary elections. And local governance leaders, political parties, potential independent candidates, and possible voluntary special measures;
- Moreover, map out and identify potential aspirants and candidates to be split by governorate and electoral constituency, including actively analyzing electoral seats available;
- Likewise, recruit and list potential identified candidates, split among identified constituents;
- Moreover, develop a package of support to be provided to identified candidates, including financial management, media display. Also, campaign budgeting, campaign agenda, electoral plan, areas of focus.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of Gender Responsive Budgeting.
- Also, demonstrated leadership ability and technical ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Likewise, experience in analysis, drafting research findings and recommendations.
- Furthermore, familiarity with processes and thematic issues related to the SDGs.
- Ability to lead development of clear strategies and to provide strategic advice to senior management.
- Additionally, ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral.
- Written and oral English and Arabic is a must, French is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.