Apply for Vacancy for Grants Officer at United Nations University in Germany. The deadline for this job is7th February 2021.
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development, and the dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. Likewise, the mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
- Supporting the Vice-Rector in Europe with donor relations and identifying international donors to diversify funding sources
- Also, mapping grants and funding opportunities in the European grant landscape, particularly research funding opportunities in Germany
- Likewise, disseminating information on funding opportunities and funding streams internally within UNU-EHS as well as to other UNU institutes, where relevant
- Providing technical and administrative assistance to the respective research teams in the development of corresponding proposals
- Similarly, supporting project consortium development and compiling grant proposals, in cooperation with the respective research teams
- Liaising with internal and external relevant stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high quality funding submissions
- Moreover, monitoring outstanding grant proposals, following-up with funding agencies as necessary
- Ensuring compliance with, and internal dissemination of, donor agency programmatic policies, guidelines, rules and regulations during the project implementation phase
- Additionally, maintaining a database/archive of all grant-related information, including potential donors and donor requirements, as well as resource materials
- Other projects/duties as assigned by the Vice-Rector in Europe
- A master’s degree or equivalent in administration, development studies, economics, project management, geography, environmental science, or other related fields to the post and working area of UNU Bonn. A PhD degree would be an asset
- Also, at least four (4) years of progressively relevant work experience at national and international levels in grant procurement, grant administration, and project management
- Likewise, proven experience in international fundraising, for example, at the European Commission and in Germany
- Proven experience with grant procurement and management procedures, including writing grant proposals and reports to both government, non-governmental and private funding sources
- Moreover, experience researching and identifying funding sources and requirements, as well as interpreting requests for proposals and funding guidelines
- Prior experience in managing and coordinating multi-stakeholder projects is essential
- Experience developing budgets
- Excellent command of English and German, both oral and written: knowledge of another official UN language would be an asset
- Similarly, strong ability to establish priorities and work to tight timelines within a fast-paced environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.