Apply for Vacancy for Head of Office at Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the USA. The deadline for this application is 19th February 2021.
These positions are located in the Operations and Advocacy Division (OAD), Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts. Also, OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies. Likewise, advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- Serve as senior policy advisor to the UN RC/HC, the UN Country Team (UNCT) and the humanitarian country team on safeguarding the humanitarian principles, and initiatives to facilitate effective delivery of humanitarian assistance and protection;
- Also, develop and maintain contacts with the international community in order to raise awareness and advocate for issues of humanitarian concerns;
- Additionally, act to strengthen cooperation across humanitarian organizations on policy issues of inter-agency concern and serve as a key interlocutor with relevant Government partners;
- Moreover, advise, promote and provide guidance to the UN RC/HC, the UNCT and the humanitarian county team on humanitarian affairs including cluster coordination. Also, humanitarian financing, civil military coordination, humanitarian access, etc.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law, social sciences, international affairs, political science or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in disaster relief coordination, humanitarian assistance. Likewise, protection, human resources management, administration. Likewise, logistics, financial management, budget or related field.
- Furthermore, field experience in emergency situations .
- Also, experience in either coordinating relief/humanitarian response, or participating in coordination, is desirable.
- Moreover, experience within the UN common system or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Additionally, previous humanitarian affairs work experience is desirable.
- Furthermore, a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience at the international level is desirable.
- Also, experience at the senior management level is desirable.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.