Apply for Vacancy for Health Officer at International Organization for Migration in Kenya. The deadline for this job is 22nd April 2021.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Treatment and referrals;
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
- Also, documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
- Other technical areas as may be required.
- Likewise, ensure that the infrastructure and equipment of HAP premises meet professional standards of quality and safety and are sufficient and adequate for provision of the services.
- Liaise with relevant partners at government level, immigration health authorities of the receiving countries, as well as other international UN and non-UN agencies, NGOs, donor community and national partners.
- Moreover, maintain confidentiality and security of migration health data in accordance with the IOM Data Protection Principles.
- Provide oversight and coordinate procurement of medical equipment, vaccines, medications and other medical supplies in coordination with the resource management unit.
- Additionally, organize and supervise activities of mobile medical teams, if applicable.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship) of continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting or at IOM/similar international clinic context;
- Also, experience in Migration Heath Assessment;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in health program management;
- Additionally, experience in project development, management and report writing;
- Likewise, experience in migration health emergency response is an asset; and,
- Knowledge of the broad range of Health migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English.(oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.