Apply for Vacancy for Integration Advisor at United Nations Development Program in Panama. The deadline for this job is 14th February 2021.
UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Also, UNDP’s policy and program work carried out at HQ, Regional and Country Office (CO) levels, forms a contiguous spectrum of deep, local knowledge to cutting-edge global perspectives and advocacy. Within this context, UNDP invests in a network of field-based and global technical expertise across a wide range of knowledge domains and in support of the signature solutions and organizational capabilities envisioned in the Strategic Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective leadership, facilitation of coordination and integration services of the SDG Integrator Team to support COs;
- Also, direct provision of technical advice on comprehensive SDG themes and/or processes to UNDP COs, national and regional leaders/counterparts and external industry leaders;
- Contribution to knowledge management, community of practice networking, content development and curation of tools and resources to build capacity around integrated SDG engagement for governments and national counterparts;
- Likewise, representation, advocacy, and partner engagement for effective institutional positioning of UNDP’s SDG integration offer in the region.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree, preferably in international development, law, international affairs, business administration, development economics, or other relevant field, or extensive compensating experience in relevant, technical fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in either public or private sector with increasing level of responsibility.
- Also, demonstrated in-depth experience in providing policy advice and developing programmatic solutions. Also, tools and methodology to support countries in their implementation of the SDGs
- Likewise, experience in leading or supporting national development planning and working in a development setting
- Moreover, excellent negotiating and communication skills and ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partners.
- Additionally, proven track record of management and resource mobilization skills
- English and Spanish proficiency, French is considered an asset.