Apply for Vacancy for International Expert at Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe in Ukraine. The deadline for this job is 20th May 2021.
The OSCE Project Co-Ordinator in Ukraine is currently implementing a Unified Budget project “Promoting Mediation within Free Legal Aid System”. Additionally, the Objective of the project is to equip the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and the Co-ordination Centre for Legal Aid Provision (CCLAP) with recommendations on implementation model and tools for integrating mediation in free legal aid (FLA) system. Within this Objective, the OSCE PCUk is planning to engage international expert who will help to elaborate recommendations on the model use of mediation in free legal aid system.
The selected expert will work under the general supervision of National Project Officer within the OSCE PCUk and closely co-operate with national expert on mediation who will assist the selected international expert. The expert is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Co-operate with OSCE PCUk project team, MoJ, CCLAP, and other relevant national and international stakeholders; including participation in workshops, meetings and discussions;
- Likewise, provide an overview of the international best practices in the field of mediation and its use in public law area and FLA system; and map existing practices of use of mediation in FLA system;
- Also, develop a survey targeted at legal aid stakeholders about challenges and opportunities for integrating mediation in FLA system and, with the help of national expert-assistant conduct interviews with stakeholders;
- Furthermore, elaborate recommendations on the use of mediation in FLA system, based on the survey results and overview of relevant international and national best practices in this field;
- present recommendations to the national stakeholders.
- University degree in the field of law, counselling, social science, psychology or other relevant background;
- Likewise, minimum 5 years of proven professional experience in mediation and legal services. Also, including experience with the mediation in FLA area;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to relate easily and openly with colleagues, self-motivation;
- Also, outstanding communication skills both verbal and written; excellent understanding of English language (reading, speaking); knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language will be an asset;
- Furthermore, knowledge of peculiarities of mediation use in Ukraine and/or Ukrainian FLA system will be an asset;
- Computer literacy.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.