Apply for Vacancy for Internship at WFP – World Food Program in Italy. The deadline for this application is 10th January 2021.
The Environmental Unit within the Management Services division helps Country Offices and Headquarters mainstream environmental management across WFP operations. Current focus areas include reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, minimizing and properly managing waste, reducing water consumption, promoting sustainable procurement decisions, and increasing staff awareness around environmental management.
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Sustainability Advisor, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Participate as part of a small project team, contributing to WFP’s annual environmental footprint reporting exercise, supporting the collection, review, analysis, and reporting of data from WFP global operations.
- Likewise, liaise with Country Offices to assist in the collection and analysis of energy usage, water consumption, and waste generation data for calculating WFP’s environmental footprint.
- Also, utilize the ARCHIBUS facilities management software to store and analyze collected data, with a focus on automating and streamlining the process.
- Moreover, support the team with the analysis and presentation of environmental data using an existing Tableau dashboard.
- However, provide input to enhance and improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in developing and maintaining WFP’s Environmental Actions Database.
- Additionally, contribute to the development of a tracking system for environmental KPIs.
- Furthermore, support other data-related initiatives.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated in Data Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Economics, Environmental Management, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Also, University course attendance in the past 12 months.
- Additionally, ability to work with large datasets in MS Office.
- Furthermore, proficiency in the development of spreadsheets and basic, user-friendly databases.
- Also, experience in data cleaning, and visual analytics using Tableau Software.
- Experience in GHG accounting and environmental data analysis is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English is required (written, spoken, and oral comprehension)
- Also, intermediate knowledge of another WFP official language is desirable
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.