Apply for Vacancy for Interpretation Assistant at United Nations Industrial Development Organization in Cambodia. The deadline for this job is ongoing 2021.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. Additionally, the mission of UNIDO, as described in the Lima Declaration adopted at the fifteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference in 2013, is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in Member States.
- Translate a variety of materials, particularly legal, and other technical documentation/ manuals/ guidelines etc.; from Khmer to English and vice versa, with attention to fact, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning
- Also, edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by experts, project staff and contractors.
- Likewise, compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or food safety.
- Interpret the speeches and proceedings of the workshops/conferences/seminars and other project related events, etc. as needed.
- Moreover, perform any other related duties as assigned by the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA).
- Completed secondary education. Formal secretarial/clerical training or equivalent desirable.
- Also, credit towards total working experience may be considered on a year by-year- basis, up to maximum of four years. Likewise, for a first university degree or equivalent diploma, in a field relevant to the post. Certification in English language.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer.
Field of Expertise
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience in the related fields to the post, such as assistance in translation and interpretation, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment.
- Also, proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.