Apply for Vacancy for Interpreter at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
Visiting detainees, re-uniting families separated by conflict, organizing emergency relief aid and talking to combatants about their responsibilities under the Geneva Conventions are all in day’s work for the ICRC. Also, as an interpreter, you will be the vital communication link enabling ICRC delegates to carry out these tasks.
- Oral interpretation: from Kurdish-Sorani to English and vice versa during confidential interviews with people deprived of liberty, ICRC institutional dissemination, ICRC dialogue with authorities. Also, activities to establish the family links which includes delivering Red Cross messages, family tracing and visits to families of detainee
- Written translation: translation of Kurdish-Sorani language (newspaper articles, correspondence, etc.) into written English
- Also, analysis and reporting as required: analysis of conditions of detention, security and other matters relating to the ICRC’s mandate.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Also, able to work under pressure in a potentially dangerous environment
- Open-minded and adaptable
- Likewise, University education/degree in interpretation or translation is an advantage
- Moreover, minimum of 2 years of professional experience. Previous interpreter or translator experience is an advantage.
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Also, a two-week orientation course and other opportunities for further in-house training
- Attractive social benefits
- Likewise, length of assignment: 12 months
- Join an ICRC talent pool and be considered for future assignments elsewhere.
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals
- Also, candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field
- Candidates must possess a driving license (for manual transmission vehicles)
- Likewise, incumbent must be prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) for the first two missions (minimum 12 months each) or total of 24 months.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.