Apply for Vacancy for Investment Officer at International Finance Corporation in Nigeria. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
IFC is a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. Likewise, in fiscal year 2020, the organization invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects for financial institutions based in Anglophone West Africa.
- Additionally, handle client relationships and provide insights into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Furthermore, coordinate closely with social, environmental, upstream, and advisory colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact.
Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects in target regions, particularly less developed countries, and grow and develop new business transactions. Also, develop (and/or guide teams in the preparation of) pitchbooks and client proposals in support of new business. In addition, the candidate should be ready to work closely with Fintech and Disruptive Technology teams; to develop strategic partnerships to expand IFC’s FIG services to include innovative digital technologies.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- Also, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience covering the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function;
- Additionally, advanced financial, credit and risk evaluation skills; with demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity.
- Likewise, documented experience identifying, originating and qualifying new business opportunities developing and executing results-driven client engagements.
- Solid understanding of the FinTech space, including ability to develop strategic partnerships with FinTech companies.
- Similarly, sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills incl. ability to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions; as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Capacity to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Furthermore, demonstrated relationships with the business community including network of top-level contacts in the financial services and investment industries in the sub-region, and governmental authorities.
- Excellent and demonstrated written, presentation, and business level communications skills in English.
- Similarly, genuine commitment to sustainable development.
- Moreover, mission travel was severely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Once conditions improve, the position will require regional and international travel; hence the candidate should be willing and open to travel.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.