Apply for Vacancy for Investment Officer at International Finance Corporation in the USA. The deadline for this job is 12th May 2021.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Also, the organization works in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
- Support the Upstream implementation of the H&E Strategy in close coordination with sector, regional Upstream, investment and advisory teams.
- Also, develop, propose, and implement business development and idea generation activities to create high impact global platforms, market creation initiatives and early stage project development opportunities.
- Develop and lead global delivery platforms and identify opportunities to pilot and scale them to establish models à la “Scaling Solar”. Lead and/or support Upstream initiatives for early stage idea generation activities to develop a pipeline of Upstream projects.
- Likewise, engage with and establish partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including across the World Bank Group, to foster innovative thinking about creation of new markets to increase development impact in difficult markets in the H&E sectors.
- Moreover, evaluate and provide feedback on proposals for Upstream initiatives, including early stage project development opportunities.
- Similarly, support Regional Upstream teams in implementing Upstream activities, including supporting conversion into investments.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, or related discipline, plus more than 10 years of relevant experience
- Also, commitment to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy, and values
- Moreover, experience working across boundaries and ability to work across regions and business lines to “wholesale” successful interventions
- Furthermore, proven track record of engaging with client companies, shareholders, and public stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation and ability to challenge the status quo to build new business models.
- Similarly, track record of delivery on project implementation of investment and/or advisory projects.
- Additionally, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior staff, share experiences and ensure quality.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.