Apply for Vacancy for IT Operations Associate at World Food Program in Afghanistan. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is well known for its ability to deliver food assistance rapidly to people in need. Additionally, to continue responding effectively to challenging contexts while also contributing to longer-term efforts to end hunger, WFP’s Strategic Plan focuses on better understanding of national food and nutrition security challenges and reshaping its engagement through support to national safety nets and social protection systems, to help host governments with their hunger-fighting strategies.
- Effectively manage WFP LAN, WAN, P2P equipment on daily bases and provide on time support to around 30 end users.
- Also, prepare, contribute and draft ICT documentation including but not limited to APP (Annual Performance Plan), DRP, SOPs, MoUs, NFRs, System manuals and directives.
- Make sure that staff have access to the required ICT services and products both on Intranet and Internet 24/7.
- Moreover, manage and coordinate a team of ICT support staff including capacity building and performance appraisal (PACE/PAR); to ensure that individual and team objectives are met.
- Coordination within unit and at Inter agency level in order to align activities and maximize possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of ICT and Telecom.
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure that ICT infrastructure is running effectively and efficiently.
- Similarly, monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend ICT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used and new coming technology and systems; in order to assist WFP staff (other UN staff if needed) in conducting their work.
- Provide technical and operational support to CP and program team; in order to effectively operationalize the WFP SCOPE in the relevant area.
- Furthermore, implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of ICT services provided.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Telecom or other related fields
- Also, CCNA and MCITP certifications.
- CCNP, MCSA 2016 & VMWare Certification will be an advantage.
- Likewise, DBA (Database Administration) certification will be an advantage.
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience.
Fluency (level C) in English language and fluency in Pashto or Dari, preferably in both.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.