Apply for the Vacancy for Job Opportunity at UNDP in Chad. The The new UNDP Chad Country Program 2017-2021, approved by the Executive Board in January 2017, builds on lessons and experience from the previous Country Program. One of focus areas of the new program is to improve livelihoods and achieve structural transformation of productive capacities that are sustainable and employment intensive.
Job Title: Senior Risk Management & Compliance Advisor
Summary of the Position
Under the leadership of the Resident Representative, s/he will report directly to the Deputy Resident Representative in charge of Operations and will have strong working relation with a view to risk management and assurance with the Deputy Resident Representative in charge of Program, the Project Coordinators, the Program Management Support Unit, operations team and the program team.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- S/he contributes, develops and implements the policies and strategies related to comprehensive risk and compliance management;
- Likewise, develops and implements a comprehensive risk management framework for the CO applying UNDP´s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM approach), tailored to the specifies of the program in Chad;
- Supports management decision making processes through offering independent advice on risks on an on-going basis;
- Likewise, provides ongoing support at the forefront of the Program activities in addressing daily challenges and implementation of risk action plans and strategies;
- Also, provides expert analysis and reporting on strategic and operational issues and trends related to risk management of the country program
- Furthermore, facilitates knowledge management, knowledge building and knowledge sharing, which includes providing training and mentoring, reporting, monitoring support, practical guidance, investigations support, as well as implementation advice.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in international relations, politics, law, defense , administration, security or related field
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in Risk Analysis. Includes the ability to identify and manage risks at an operational and strategic level. Likewise, identify and communicate in a timely manner, any risk management issues as well as risk mitigation measures.
- Also, knowledge of the principles of auditing and internal controls, Intelligence Analysis, project management. Likewise, business planning and reporting, and the ability to apply analytical and strategic thinking is required.
- Professional experience in an international organization and in conflict/post-conflict environments is required.
- Also, experience in Africa and knowledge of Sahel operational activities, risk management environment, and related program challenges is desirable
- Additionally, experience in managing with discretion at all times sensitive information is desirable
Fluency in French and English
Interested candidates can visit the official page for more information. Also, if you are in search of various career opportunities, do check out oyaop.com.