Apply for Vacancy for Legal Consultant at World Food Program in Italy. The deadline for this job is 16th February 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Undertake extensive legal research and analysis; handle a range of multi-disciplinary complex legal matters including interpretation and application of various legal instruments in the relevant area of concentration to facilitate the provision of quality legal services.
- Also, review legal documents, identify and analyze important issues, presenting findings and recommendations for internal review to contribute to the decision-making process.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of legal opinions or advice on a wide range of legal issues background papers, studies, memoranda, reports and other legal documents.
- Negotiate and prepare agreements and contracts with public and private entities including governments, other UN organizations and NGOs, financial institutions, digital payments providers and other commercial entities, and assisting with contractual interpretation and disputes to meet unique client needs.
- Furthermore, identify potential liabilities, particularly vis-à-vis third parties, and assist in the management of risks in WFP’s activities to facilitate well-informed decisions.
- Likewise, participate in negotiations and settlement of claims and disputes with public and private entities.
- Prepare and assess briefs of evidence to contribute to legal analysis and solutions.
- Also, assist in providing legal advice and interpretations and reviewing administrative decisions.
- Solution oriented and proactive with excellent communication skills and commercial acumen.
- Also, adaptability and ability to work on a wide range of legal issues.
- Likewise, strong time management and priorities management skills.
- Experience and/or knowledge of intellectual property law, technology law and data protection law is an asset.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is a plus.
Fluency (level C) in oral and written English is required and in oral and written French is an advantage. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.