Apply for Vacancy for Liaison Officer at United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia in Italy. The deadline for this job is 12th April 2021.
This positions is located in Florencia. The location is a family duty station, hardship B. The P3 Liaison Officer will lead a mobile team, working alongside civilian colleagues and international observers, supporting the Head of Regional Office to implement the UNVMC mandate. He/She will report to the Head of Regional Office.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and supporting programmes, projects and activities related to UNVMC’s mandate.
- Also, attends meetings to identify the project’s scope, considers methodologies, and participates in the execution, monitoring and closing of the project, working alongside national and international counterparts.
- Similarly, supports his/her supervisor in coordinating inputs for reports and other politically sensitive and confidential communications to the Mission’s headquarters.
- Supervises UNV Liaison Officers and International Observes assigned to the mobile team, developing guidelines, managing work plans, adjusting the team’s time frames, and taking responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women men in all areas of work.
- Likewise, deals with various political and security issues in the assigned area of responsibility, preparing reports analyzing trends, and discussing future forecasts.
- Moreover, performs other related duties.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social sciences, political science, international relations, or a related field.
- Also, a first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Likewise, professional training in the areas of planning, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation, or coordination is desirable.
- A valid driving license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles is required for the positions advertised.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political science, political affairs, international relations, law, mediation, conflict resolution, or related area.
- Also, experience in Latin America issues is desirable. Specific knowledge of the Colombia peace process is desirable.
- Additionally, a minimum of one year’s working experience in a special political or peacekeeping mission, or any other related international organization, in a conflict/post-conflict context is desirable.
- A minimum of one year’s working experience providing reporting and analysis to a variety of audiences is desirable. Experience managing small work-related teams is required.
- Moreover, experience driving a 4×4 vehicle.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.