Apply for Vacancy for Liaison Officer at United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia. The deadline for this job is ongoing 2021.
This position is in the Popayan regional office ( Cauca department) within the United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia (UNVMC). The Liaison Officer will report to the Head of the Regional Office. Likewise, the P3 Liaison Officer will often be in remote locations without immediate day-to-day supervision.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Also, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Similarly, shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations;
- Likewise, takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Also, supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Adjusts priorities as required;
- Additionally, allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social sciences, political science, international relations, or a related field.
- Also, a first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional training in the areas of planning, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation, or coordination is desirable.
- Likewise, in the absence of an assigned driver and given the fact that teams in local sites are small, a driving license is required for the positions advertised.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political science, political affairs, international relations, law, mediation, conflict resolution, or related area is required.
- Also, experience in Latin America issues is highly desirable.
- Specific knowledge of the Colombia peace process is desirable.
- Additionally, a minimum of one year’s working experience in a special political or peacekeeping mission, or any other related international organization, in a conflict/postconflict context is desirable.
- Likewise, a minimum of one year’s working experience providing reporting and analysis to a variety of audiences is desirable.
- Experience managing small work-related teams
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For this position, fluency in Spanish (both oral and written) and English (both oral and written).
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.