Apply for Vacancy for Local Coordinator at United Nations Volunteers in Algeria. The deadline for this job is 9th June 2021.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the UN Volunteer will perform the following tasks:
The local project coordinator will be part of the Project Unit (PU) and will be, under the supervision of the Project Manager , in coordination with the UNDP Country Office in Algeria and their national counterparts in the project.
- Implement the project at the local level in the wilaya concerned, constantly relying on and strengthening local, institutional and human capacities;
- Also, ensure the representation of the project at the local level and the good flow of information between the project partners at the local level, and between the local level and the national level in both directions;
- Moreover, monitor the project at the local level in the wilaya concerned.
- Implement the project at the local level in the wilaya concerned, constantly relying on and strengthening local, institutional and human capacities
- In coordination with the Project Unit, with the National Project Director, and with local authorities, sensitize the partners of the wilaya concerned to the project, its expected results, its methodology, and its local. Also, national and international partners ;
- Likewise, ensure that the local level in the programming and implementation of project activities are in line with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Furthermore, ensure that open and transparent procedures, in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, are applied for procurement and contracts.
- Ensure the institutional link, at the level of the wilaya concerned, between the various partners of the project;
- Moreover, contribute to the planning, based on local needs, and the implementation of the capacity building plan for local SSE actors;
- In this sense, collect, analyze and share with the Project Manager all information and data necessary for strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of the project in the wilaya concerned;
- Similarly, support, on the basis of real knowledge of the players, the identification of beneficiaries of training and coaching.
Hold a university degree in Social Sciences, Economics, or other equivalent diploma.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in fields related to youth and / or employment;
- Also, experience with the associative sector or structures for the creation of social enterprises; incubation and support systems for social projects in the wilaya concerned will be an asset;
- Likewise, good knowledge of the foundations of the social and solidarity economy.
- Arabic (Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French (Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English (Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.