Apply for Vacancy for Logistics Associate at World Food Program in Libya. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Also, the mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Additionally, every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Moreover, manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes; to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Likewise, prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Similarly, support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Additionally, analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Furthermore, perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Similarly, supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Moreover, support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Also, be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Moreover, take our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
Terms and Condition:
- This position is open for nationals of Libya only or individuals holding a valid work and residency permit for Libya.
- Also, a competitive compensation package
- Monthly payment is complemented with a contribution towards social security/pension
- Likewise, international Medical Insurance provided for contractor and dependents (spouse and children)
- Attractive leave entitlements
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.