Apply for Vacancy for Logistics Associate at World Food Program in Pakistan. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. Also, the organization are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Also, coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Similarly, support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Furthermore, prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Similarly, support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Also, analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Furthermore, perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Likewise, liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
Completion of higher secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
6 years’ experience in humanitarian logistics and preferably at least 2 years of experience in information management.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Furthermore, experience in compiling contract documentation.
Desirable Skills and capabilities:
- Experience in contract execution.
- Also, experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.