Apply for Vacancy for Management Officer at Office of Counter-Terrorism at the USA. The deadline for this job is 28th January 2021.
The Office of Counter-Terrorism (OCT) was established by the General Assembly in June 2017. The Office has five main functions:
- Provide leadership on the General Assembly counter-terrorism mandates across the United Nations System;
- Likewise, enhance coordination and coherence across the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact Task Force entities to ensure the balanced implementation of the four pillars of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Strategy;
- Moreover, strengthen the delivery of United Nations counter-terrorism capacity-building assistance to Member States;
- Also, improve visibility, advocacy and resource mobilization for United Nations counter-terrorism efforts;
- Additionally, ensure that due priority is given to counter-terrorism across the United Nations System and that the important work on preventing violent extremism is firmly rooted in the Strategy. This position is located in the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Centre (UNCCT) at Headquarters.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Program Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manages the Countering Terrorism Section of UNCCT, including through effective supervision of six units and staff;
- Also, provides programmatic advice to the Director on the conceptualization, development and implementation of technical assistance programs on countering terrorism.
- Similarly, supports the Director in the strategic development of UNCCT.
- Ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women.
- Likewise, directs research and program evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Also, coordinates policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies,
- Undertakes survey initiatives; guides design of data collection instruments; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Similarly, supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, briefing notes, talking points, etc.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, political affairs, law or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management, administration or related area.
- Also, experience with management of technical assistance and capacity building programs
- Experience working with issues to counter-terrorism
- Moreover, managerial experience with programs relating to counter-terrorism and/or prevention of violent extremism is desirable.
- Additionally, experience working with an international or regional organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (both oral and written). Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.