Apply for Vacancy for Management Officer at UN-Habitat in Kenya. The deadline for this job is 8th August 2021.
The United Nations Human Settlements Program, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for Human Settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. Additionally, the position is located in the Planning, Finance & Economy Section of the Urban Practices Branch (UPB) with the Global Solutions Division in Nairobi.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Also, assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Likewise, undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Similarly, provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Likewise, undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in or lead field missions, in close collaboration with UN-Habitat’s regional and country offices and by informing the Resident Coordinator’s office, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Furthermore, coordinates activities related to budget and funding and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work program, program budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in architecture or urban planning or a related field.
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in urban development, planning and design with direct proven experience in management of programs and project.
- Also, experience within the UN system will be an asset.
- Likewise, fluency in the use of most common design software is highly desirable (AUTOCAD, ARCGIS, Adobe Illustrator).
- Familiarity with data analysis tools desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English;
- and [‘fluency’ or ‘knowledge’] of French is [‘desirable’ or ‘an advantage’].
- Also, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.