Apply for Vacancy for Mechanical Engineer at United Nations Office for Project Services in Iraq. The deadline for this application is 16th February 2021.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. However, the mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
- Interventions on the air conditioning systems of the hall, to make it suitable for the new layout;
- Upgrading of the electrical system of the hall with appropriate electrical switchboards;
- Also, upgrading of the monitoring system CCTV (closed-circuit cameras) of the hall;
- Likewise, procurement and installation of the security system and burglar- resistant doors;
- Moreover, design and preparation of the space for the exhibition, including gypsum boards and metal skeletons for the internal partition of the hall and the creation of the didactical/exhibition path;
- Procurement and installation of show cabinets;
- Procurement and installation of the illumination system;
- However, general painting and preparation of the floor.
- Manage mechanical engineering related material archiving
- Also, assist in scheduling requested tasks related to mechanical works
- Moreover, maintain records, compile periodic reports and any specific reports required by UNOPS standard procedures
- Likewise, perform any other tasks relevant to the Infrastructure and Engineering Unit when required.
- However, perform other related duties as requested by the Project Manager.
- A Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable University with appropriate experience in design, supervision or implementation of mechanical works in buildings construction
- Also, bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable University with appropriate experience in design, supervision or implementation of mechanical works in buildings construction with additional 2 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Mechanical systems design supervision and construction for medium to large-scale construction projects in Iraq and/or the Middle East region.
- Likewise, comprehensive knowledge in computer software, particularly “AutoCAD” is required.
- Moreover, work Experience with an international Organization and/or UN Agencies is an asset.
- Project Management Certificates like Prince2 or PMP will be an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.