Apply for Vacancy for Medical Officer at United Nations Office in Switzerland. The deadline for this application is 8th February 2021.
This position is located in the Medical Service, Human Resources Management Service, United Nations Office at Geneva. The incumbent reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies,
- Also, undertake day-to-day occupational health duties: pre-placement and periodic medical examinations prepare UN staff for travelling providing immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travel kits, etc.
- Likewise, refers staff to outside specialists as necessary.
- Furthermore, follows-up with outside specialists.
- Provides health education and health promotion programs.
- Moreover, participates in addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
- Follows the United Nations established policies and procedures regarding medical clearances, sick leave and medical evacuations/repatriations.
- Also, participates in drafting and implementation of business continuity and crises preparedness plans for the duty station/mission.
- Deputizes for a more senior Medical Officer during his/her absence.
- Manages day-to-day mission medical support operations by ensuring availability of medical supplies and proper functioning of medical equipment.
A degree in Medicine (MD or MBBS) with a post-graduate specialization (Master’s degree) in public health or related area। Residency / internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably internal medicine. Also, a degree in Medicine (MD or MBBS) in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience imay be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible clinical experience in one of the areas of medicine.
- Likewise, experience with medical facilities in an international setting is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English or French.
- Moreover, knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.