Apply for Vacancy for National Consultant at Food and Agriculture Organization in Bahamas. The deadline for this job is ongoing 2021.
The mandate of FAO in Jamaica, Belize and Bahamas is to support national efforts to promote food security and sustainable development. In doing so, FAO works closely with the Ministries of Agriculture, Health and Education. Likewise, recently, FAO has begun to expand its partnership to include other ministries to reflect its focus on food security and nutrition. Its beneficiaries have also been expanded to include urban and peri-urban populations.
- Facilitate, under the coordination of the FAOR Bahamas, in collaboration with the Government the agenda and the programmatic process to plan, implement and monitoring the expected results of the project TCP BHA 3801 (D).
- Also, support development of training tools and methodology targeting young adults and rural women to elaborate business plans with emphasis on sustainable and resilient food systems with focus on marketing.
- Provide technical assistance to the ventures/enterprises supported by the Incubator.
- Likewise, participate in e-learning training and integrate appropriate agriculture marketing training material supporting the agriculture business incubator; train-the-trainer workshops targeting agriculture extension personnel, and Farmer Field Schools.
- Support the identification and mobilization of finance to fund and implement the business plans of entrepreneurs coming out of the business incubator process.
- Additionally, provide technical support to develop a practical guide for agriculture value chain analysis and develop local capacity to use it to carry out the analysis to inform business plans coming out of the agriculture business incubator.
- Contribute to the Incubator Team to provide methodological tools and training materials elaborated to promote market linkages with domestic. Also, regional and international markets.
- Moreover, provide technical assistance, focused on marketing and market development issues; taking into consideration the different segments of the food system and the agriculture and fisheries sector.
- Provide support to the incubator team
- Furthermore, follow up work plan implementation
- Ensure regular communication with multi-sectorial stakeholders and the Technical and Steering Committees to ensure efficient flow of information between implementing partners and support agencies
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture Marketing, Agri-business Management or related degree.
- Also, at least three  years of relevant professional experience in market development of agricultural MSMEs value added products and services
- Additionally, ability to communicate effectively in English.
- National of Bahamas or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.