Apply for Vacancy for National Consultant at UN Women at Egypt. The deadline for this job is 2nd February 2021.
Globally, UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security.
In line with UN Women’s Global Strategic Plan, and under the United Nations Partnership Development Framework (UNPDF 2018-2022) Outcome Area 4: Women’s Empowerment1 and in support of the Government of Egypt’s National Strategy for Women’s Empowerment, the UN Women Egypt Country Office is contributing to three interdependent and interconnected outcomes:
- Women lead, participate in and benefit equally from governance systems;
- Also, women have income security, Decent Work, and economic autonomy;
- Additionally, all women and girls live a life free from all forms of violence.
- Provide input and feedback on the draft curriculum to be developed by the international expert, with a focus on the Egyptian context; and taking into consideration formulation in a way that allows for physical and virtual delivery.
- Also, prepare the Arabic version of the draft curriculum to parallel to the English version development and finalization by the international expert, and in close coordination with UN Women.
- Likewise, develop criteria for the inclusion of persons/organizations into the Training of Trainers (below), in consultation with UN Women.
- Moreover, deliver a TOT (virtual or in-person) on the approved curriculum to around 20 trainers/ facilitators using the semi-final version of the curriculum;
- Similarly, support the national contracted organization in the dissemination of the curriculum.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues, including Masculinities;
- Also, accountability;
- Likewise, creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- However, inclusive Collaboration;
- Similarly, stakeholder Engagement
Required Skills and Experience
- A masters degree with not less than 20 years experience in social sciences including women’s or gender studies, education, International Development, Human Rights, Anthropology/Sociology;
- Similarly, specialized courses or certifications in parenting are a plus.
- At least 7 years of working experience in the field of gender equality, with a focus on gender mainstreaming and gender-transformative methodologies.
- Likewise, experience in development and delivery of curricula, training, and facilitation, preferably including gender-transformative parenting and/or engagement of men and boys for gender equality and/or other themes related to the assignment.
- Experience working with the engagement of men and boys towards gender equality, masculinities, gender transformative parenting, and social norms change.
- Previous experience with UN agencies, funds or programs, and/or at international organizations is considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.