Apply for Vacancy for National Consultant at UN Women in Philippines. The deadline for this job is 11th January 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Also, placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. Likewise, it will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
- Review all relevant documents and develop an inception report identifying the work plan and methodology to implement the inception phase of the ASEAN-WPS program with a specific focus on country level implementation in the Philippines.
- Likewise, write up reports to document outcomes and key findings from the consultations to inform the next phase of programming.
- Also, identify programmatic linkages, particular areas of synergies between Philippines and ASEAN regional interventions and strategic entry points for UN Women’s five-year program (2021-2025), including clear peace-humanitarian linkages in the Philippines context.
- Moreover, in collaboration with the program team in the Philippines, develop a detailed country work plan (first year) that outlines key activities.
- Similarly, proposes policy/ programmatic entry points based on the inputs from the stakeholder consultations in the area of WPS.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Women, Peace and Security; Humanitarian Action; and gender mainstreaming in the Philippines and BARMM.
- Also, excellent writing skills.
- Moreover, previous experience with UN Women and other UN agencies is a distinct advantage.
- Likewise, understanding of results-based management in program planning, monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the United Nations’ values and ethical standards.
- Also, p0romotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN and UN Women.
- Additionally, displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, international affairs, and/or any relevant field directly related to gender and Peace, Security and Governance.
- Moreover, minimum seven years of relevant work experience in policy coordination and program development support in the areas of Women, Peace and Security and gender mainstreaming in the Philippines.
- Likewise, experiences in applying results-based management principles in program planning and performance monitoring framework.
- Experience in writing policy briefs and technical reports on UN and national coordination.
- Also, excellent command of written English and Tagalog, other UN languages an asset.
- Previous experience with UN Women and other UN agencies an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.