Apply for Vacancy for National Consultant at UNICEF in SriLanka. The deadline for this job is 18th February 2021.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Furthermore, to defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Also, across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Support the section in its engagement in development of social protection policies, legislation and programs with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children. However, help identify, generate and present evidence to support this goal in collaboration with partners;
- Similarly, support strengthening of the social protection system, promoting capacity building and providing technical support to partners to improve the design of social protection programs and improve linkages with other social protection interventions as well as complementary services and interventions related to nutrition, health, education, water and sanitation, child protection and DRR;
- Likewise, support coordination between UN agencies on social protection (through the UN Social Protection Results Group). Also, monitoring and research around social protection impact on child outcomes;
- Moreover, support the identification of policy options for improved domestic financing of child-sensitive social protection interventions;
- Additionally, assist the section in its collaboration with the central and local authorities to strengthen capacity on analysis for policy development, planning, implementation of essential social services, with emphasis interventions for reduction of poverty and vulnerability.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (required);
- Similarly, strong communications, public speaking and presentation skills (required);
- Likewise, proven research, data analysis and analytical skills (required);
- Solid grasp of the socio-economic situation of Sri Lanka, including understanding of social protection and public finance management contexts (required);
- Moreover, training and experience with statistical analysis software.
- Experience organizing/coordinating capacity building programs (desirable and major advantage);
- Also, experience with data dissemination and engagement through social media.
Years of experience:
A minimum of two (02) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in the development field (research, advocacy, project management) is considered as a strong asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.