Apply for Vacancy for National Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organization in Vietnam. The deadline for this job is 4th July 2021.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017â€‘2021 has four priority areas:
- Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns;
- Also, sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection;
- Likewise, New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and
- Enhancing resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will largely fall under the second priority area.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organize and participate in the inception workshop of the project to discuss project objectives with stakeholders and develop a detailed work plan of the project;
- Also, conduct a mid-term national workshop towards the end of the first year to present and review the project’s progress and share best practices;
- Similarly, support organization of the field days and exchange visits for both men and women farmers to demonstrate greenhouse vegetable and seedling production;
- Support the implementing partner in setting up the demonstration plots;
- Moreover, maintain close contact with the NSPLD and contracting parties for implementation of the project;
- Contribute to the development of the national program and action plan on vegetable greenhouse production;
- Likewise, prepare monthly reports summarizing his/her findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Plan, organize, facilitate and report on project implementation mechanisms and events by participating in meetings and communication;
- Additionally, assist in drafting letters of agreement (LoAs), contracts and other relevant documents in consultation with the operational team;
- Be responsible for the overall management of the global project and timely delivery of its outputs, studies and training as well as other project activities;
- Moreover, manage day-to-day project activities in the country, travel to ensure timely delivery and efficiency of implementation, and proposing corrective action if/when necessary
- University Degree in agronomy or horticulture
- Also, a minimum of five-year experience in greenhouse crop production
- National of Vietnam
- Likewise, High Proficiency in English and Vietnamese – spoken and in writing;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Additionally, teamwork
- Furthermore, Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the UN system;
- In-depth knowledge of project management and strategic planning;
- Also, excellent communication and net-working skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Good computer literacy.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.