Apply for Vacancy for Operations Manager at United Nations Development Program in Rwanda. The deadline for this application is 31th January 2021.
The Operations Manager leads and guides the Country Office (CO) Operations Team and fosters collaboration within the team, with program staff and with other UN Agencies and a client-oriented approach. The Operations Manager works in close collaboration with program and project teams in the CO, operations staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff, GSSC staff and Government officials to successfully deliver operational services. Also, be responsible to oversee operations meetings and work plans closely. Likewise, the Operations Manager will also play a key supporting role in managing and overseeing the effective UNDP clustering transition and implementation for the CO.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensuring strategic direction of operations
- Furthermore, financial resources management and supervision of the Finance team
- Likewise, efficient logistical services and supervision of the administration team
- Moreover, information and communication management and supervision of ICT team
- Likewise, oversee the HR Team
- Oversee the Procurement Team
- Additionally, common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies
- Also, represent UNDP in OMT and act as focal person for clustering services of operations processes to GSS.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy ACCA, CPA etc.;
- Also, those with professional accounting qualifications from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage. UNDP Advanced Accountancy and Finance Test is required for those without professional accounting certification.
- Professional Certifications in Finance, administration, logistics and asset management are added advantages.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Also, experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Likewise, experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.