Apply for Vacancy for Operations Officer at International Finance Corporation in Philippines. The deadline for this job is 25th June 2021.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Also, the organization works in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. Additionally, in fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Work with external clients and World Bank Group colleagues to deliver technical support in the areas of corporate and personal insolvency; Non-Performing Loan (NPL) management and resolution, and distressed assets market development.
- Also, work with Project Leads to design and deliver Insolvency & Debt Resolution operational projects, including the provision of technical advice in this thematic area.
- Likewise, develop new business development in line with client and market needs as well as IFC priorities.
- Moreover, engage with the relevant teams at the World Bank and IFC for reforms needed to unlock new markets and work collaboratively with Upstream teams.
- Furthermore, work collaboratively with IFC Investment/Upstream/Advisory colleagues to align advisory to help build a pipeline of investment projects and provide solutions to key portfolio clients.
- Master’s degree in Law, Finance, Business, Economics, or a closely related field, or professional certification (CPA, CFA). At least 5 years of relevant experience in private sector development with focus on insolvency reforms, distressed assets market development across countries in the region.
- Also, experience working in at least one country in the East Asia and Pacific, and preferably at least one other region of the world.
- Experience in the areas of corporate or personal insolvency, NPL resolution is highly desirable.
- Likewise, technical expertise in the field of banking and finance; including project or transactional experience in at least one of: banking law; financial regulation; central banking; or corporate finance.
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills are essential. Publications in the relevant technical area are considered an asset.
- Additionally, understanding of IFC and WBG products/instruments and where there are opportunities for cross-organizational collaboration. Demonstrable experience working on IFC and WBG products will be an advantage.
- Also, able to design, negotiate and lead efforts to develop client offerings that reflect in-depth knowledge of thematic area; understanding of business case for how thematic focus will help client to improve their business.
- Strong drive for results and impact, great responsiveness and team work.
- Similarly, excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn new systems is a must. Ability to use IFC project management systems such as Iportal is an additional advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in English is a must.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!