Apply for Vacancy for Operations Specialist at United Nations Population Fund in Myanmar. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
Emergency preparedness and humanitarian assistance are integrated in UNFPA’s work in Myanmar and are an important aspect in its fourth country program (2018-2022). The context for UNFPA’s operations in Myanmar is characterized by complex layers of conflict, humanitarian settings, development deficits and human rights challenges.
The Operations Specialist provides support to the country office operations related to administration, human resources, finance and procurement. Also, he/she backstops the International Operations Manager during his/her absence.
- As delegated by the IOM, monitors, overseeing the implementation of CO procurement, finance, human resources and administration processes;
- In coordination with the IOM, overseeing and monitoring the implementation of corporate, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems.
- Similarly, supporting monitoring and providing guidance to the CO financial management
- Working with the CO HR team to facilitates recruitments and monitoring of contracts
- Likewise, contributing to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date and complete records.
- Additionally, as assigned by the IOM, participating actively in inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure UNFPA interests are reflected in common system activities
- Supporting the oversight of security arrangements for Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw and field offices.
- Overseeing the management of administration, assets and facilities for Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw and field offices.
- Moreover, performs other operational tasks when necessary and as required by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in Operations including Procurement, HR processes, administration, finance, Information Technology, security , especially in the humanitarian settings and/or in humanitarian-development nexus context.
- Also, experience of having led CO operations will be an advantage
- SURGE deployment background will be useful
- Similarly, strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Moreover, proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Additionally, strong UN/ BoS familiarity, including common office processes will be an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.