Apply for Vacancy for Planning Officer at Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in Netherlands. The deadline for this job is 10th July 2021.
The International Cooperation and Assistance Division serves as international provider and platform for providing specialized and technical assistance in support of States Parties efforts to meet their obligations under the Convention through a portfolio of wide range of programs and projects. Also, these capacity building programs are aimed at contributing to build and enhance States Parties capacity to fostering the use of chemistry for peaceful purposes for the economic and technological development of the States Parties; facilitating the national implementation and responding and dealing with threats involving toxic chemicals.
You will evaluate the effectiveness of programmatic concepts and approaches, and review trends and developments in the operational environment of the CWC, identifying strategic issues. Additionally, the successful candidate needs to ensure a smooth engagement in planning and delivery of activities with all relevant stakeholders. Likewise, in addition, you will act as focal point for a specific geographical region and will help to maintain a detailed overview of CWC related activities, including specific needs and cooperation opportunities, as well as the coordination of regional events and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline for the implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention, such as Political Science. Likewise, International Relations, Economics, Law or Public Administration.
- Also, a first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience (minimum 9 years) may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a field related to the implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention, other treaty or verification regimes or similar experience in other international organizations with an advanced degree, and 9 years with a first level degree;
- Also, at least 3 years of experience in conceptualizing and delivering capacity strengthening support in a multilateral/international context;
- Likewise, at least 3 years of experience in providing technical cooperation/development support to developing countries or economies in transition;
- Additionally, experience in implementing program/project management cycles in an international context, and with exposure to collaboration with or in developing countries or countries in transition;
- Furthermore, experience in identifying and analyzing capacity gaps at national and regional level, and in program/project evaluation and related impact analysis in a multilateral/international context.
- Experience working in an international organization;
- Also, experience in developing capacity building approaches, including remote/virtual means, and in implementing them in a multilateral/international context;
- Practical knowledge and experience in results-based management approach.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop strategies to effectively deliver on an organization’s mandate;
- Likewise, demonstrated ability to assess the impact of cooperation and/or capacity building support; ability to apply a system-thinking approach to capacity building;
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills;
- Additionally, excellent diplomatic skills;
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills;
- Furthermore, excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with demonstrated ability to generate and present reliable information clearly and logically both in writing and orally;
- Excellent drafting skills in English is essential;
- Additionally, flexibility and ability to work and deliver under pressure;
- Tact, discretion, and the ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural and diverse environment;
- Similarly, computer literacy (MS Office package).
Fluency in English is essential and a good working knowledge of one of the other official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is desirable.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.