Apply for Vacancy for Policy Consultant at United Nations Development Program in China. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
In this context, UNDP is looking for a Climate Researcher to strengthen the effectiveness and impact of UNDP’s support to China’s climate agenda. Additionally, he or she will collaborate with program colleagues and work closely with the research team on developing policy-relevant knowledge products related to climate change and Nature-based solutions.
- Support the drafting of UNDP Research Reports;
- Likewise, conduct specific research on: green and blue economy and their connections with China and the implementation of the SDGs; low carbon development, including carbon pricing, carbon tax, carbon trading schemes,
- Also, conduct researches on renewables technology and capacity building for low-carbon development.
- Identify reliable sources of information and contribute to the development of UNDP’s research networks in the areas above.
- Furthermore, prepare background policy briefs for external and internal purpose and draft speeches for UNDP Senior Management under this portfolio.
- Excellent research skills and use of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies;
- Also, excellent writing skills and communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant data and findings for the preparation of quality analysis;
- Excellent presentation skills with expectations to design and present slides for the team; advanced knowledge in PowerPoint is strongly favored.
- Likewise, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and openness to change, and to receiving/integrating feedback.
- Furthermore, demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and value and display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or Doctor’s Degree in Politics, Social Sciences, Economics, International Development Studies or related disciplines.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing policy support and hands-on experience in policy making and project designing.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Similarly, strong presentations and networking skills
- Excellent skills in both written and spoken English.
- Furthermore, fluency of Chinese is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities