Apply for Vacancy for Political Officer at United Nations Volunteers in Kosovo. The deadline for this job is 16th July 2021.
Description of task
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of Director of the Office of Political Affairs (OPA). The UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of events relating to political issues in general and in particular as they affect the operational area for which the staff member is responsible.
- Also, compile, and draft daily, monthly and quarterly situation reports to NYHQ as required.
- Undertake field trips and meet with local political leaders and report to OPA when required;
- Additionally, attend round table discussions, seminars and workshops on behalf of OPA on subjects pertaining to the work of OPA.
- Serve as a focal point for OPA on RBB and other budget-related issues.
- Likewise, gather, select and analyze information contained in communications, publications and various types of files received from different components of UNMIK as well as external sources relevant to the work of OPA.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of assignment and provide inputs on issues through the Head of OPA to Mission management.
- Produce notes to the files and other reports as necessary;
- Furthermore, provide technical and substantive back-up in the implementation of mandates of the Office of Political Affairs and Office of the Chief of Staff as required.
- Moreover, maintain contacts with other components of the Mission and the UN Kosovo team, international partners and government authorities on political, coordination and policy matters;
- Additionally, monitor actions taken by intergovernmental groups, UN organizations, government and non-governmental organizations within assigned area of responsibility;
- Define work plan for area assigned in accordance with established terms of reference.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Educational additional comments
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Political Science, Political Economy, International Relations, International Law, Public Administration, or related fields.
- Also, a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications; experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.